Fields marked with an * are required
Please fill out the form below to apply for a feline adoption
If you prefer to fill out a form and mail in your application, click here!
Thank you for your interest in saving a life by adopting a pet from the Alaqua Animal Refuge. The following information is required so that we can assist you in the selection of a new family member. The information you provide will be held in the utmost of confidence, and will only be used for the adoption process. Approved applications will be kept on file for 30 days from the date of approval.
All questions MUST be answered. Applications are processed in the order they are received. Incomplete applications or applications not meeting our minimum criteria will NOT be processed until all omissions are remedied.
In order to be considered for an adoption you must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age. If you are a minor your parent or guardian must submit this form as the primary adopter. The primary adopter assumes the responsibility and liability for the pet.
- Provide proof of current vaccines for your pet, proof of annual heartworm testing for dogs, and proof of monthly heartworm prevention for dogs. This applies to current pets and/or any pets you have had in the past 3 years.
- Have identification showing your present address.
- Have the consent of all adults living in the household.
- Own your own home, or have the landlord's consent to have a pet.
Copy of Driver's License or Picture I.D. will be required at the time of the adoption. If you rent, you may be required to present a copy of your lease.
- Completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption of an animal in our care.
By checking the box, I acknowledge that I have read the above MINIMUM criteria. I understand that incomplete applications or if I do not meet the minimum criteria my application will NOT be processed until completed. This is considered my confirmation.
One of our loving, purring cats or kittens may be your perfect buddy, and thanks to our Priceless Purrs Program, all cats over 6 months of age have waived adoption fees to approved applicants!
When completing an adoption form, please be sure to fill in all fields and after submission, scroll down to confirm the form was submitted. You will see a confirmation message.
If you have not previously owned a pet, then you do not need to provide a veterinarian reference. However, if you have owned an animal within the last 3 years, please provide a veterinarian reference. This is mandatory for previous pet owners.
I certify that the information provided on this form is true and correct. I am also financially and physically able to care for this animal. I understand that proper food and veterinary care can be costly, and I am able to meet these requirements.
Again, failure to thrive will result in surrendering the cat to Alaqua Animal Refuge.
Home checks may be made on a random basis for up to one year following adoption. If upon inspection we find the information contained in this application to be false or the cat is failing to thrive, you agree that you will surrender the cat.