Fields marked with an * are required
Thank you for your interest in saving a life by adopting a pet from Alaqua Animal Refuge. Adopting a dog is a serious commitment. Dogs may live 20 years or more, and our goal is to place our pets in lifelong homes. Adopters must meet all minimum requirements to be considered. If you do not meet our criteria listed below, please do not submit an application. Before completing an application, please be sure to read them thoroughly.
- All applicants are required to come to Alaqua and meet the animal they wish to adopt. Your application will then be processed. If you wish, please schedule an appointment with our adoption team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitting an application online does not guarantee the adoption of an animal in our care or that the animal will be held.
- Be at least 21 years of age. If you are a minor your parent or guardian must submit this form as the primary adopter. The primary adopter assumes the responsibility and liability for the pet.
- Provide a veterinary reference or proof of current vaccines for your pet. This applies to current pets and/or any pets you have had in the past 3 years. We also require that you agree to provide annual heartworm testing and monthly heartworm prevention for the dog you are adopting.
- Have identification showing your present address.
- Have the consent of all adults living in the household.
- Own your own home, or have the landlord’s consent to have a pet.
- Copy of Driver's License or Picture I.D. will be required at the time of the adoption. If you rent, you may be required to present a copy of your lease.
- Once approved you will have 48 hours in which to pick up your pet. If you are unable to pick the pet up within 48 hours, an additional boarding fee of $25 per day will be applied; this will be charged to a credit card which you will provide at the time of approval. The pet will only be held until the weekend following your approval; after that time it will be returned to the adoptable pool.
- We allow out-of-area adoptions; we do, however, require the adopters to come to Alaqua Animal Refuge to meet the pet and take him/her home. If, on arrival, the pet is not a good match for the adopter, the adopter may choose from our other available pets. In order to adopt a large breed adult, puppy, or active breed adult or puppy, we require the adopter to have a fully fenced yard.
The following information is required so that we can assist you in the selection of a new family member. The information you provide will be held in the utmost of confidence, and will only be used for the adoption process. Approved applications will be kept on file for 30 days from the date of approval.
All questions MUST be answered. Incomplete applications or applications not meeting our minimum criteria will NOT be processed until all omissions are remedied.
Please be sure to fill in all fields and after submission, scroll down to confirm the form was submitted. You will see a confirmation message.
By checking the box, I acknowledge that I have read the above MINIMUM criteria. I understand that incomplete applications or if I do not meet the minimum criteria my application will NOT be processed until completed. This is considered my confirmation.
If you have not previously owned a pet, then you do not need to provide a veterinarian reference. However, if you have owned an animal within the last 3 years, please provide a veterinarian reference. This is mandatory for previous pet owners.
I certify that the information provided on this form is true and correct. I am also financially and physically able to care for this animal. I understand that proper food and veterinary care can be costly, and I am able to meet these requirements.
Again, failure to thrive will result in surrendering the dog to Alaqua Animal Refuge.
Home checks may be made on a random basis for up to one year following adoption. If upon inspection we find the information contained in this application to be false or the dog is failing to thrive, you agree that you will surrender the dog.
5 References that are not related to you